Dear MG Family,
Putting the ‘Family’ into MG Family this Friday is our very own ‘Fitness Mum’, Account Manager Jelena Kolar, pictured above.
It’s important to be aware and nurture this one positive aspect of these current dark times: more attention for the people close to us!
Here comes the challenge: replicating this family feel for your company.
Your co-workers also need attention – easier said than done when you’re working remotely! So, it’s up to you to keep this going during lockdown.
Our advice is: reach out.
A smiley over a group chat…
… a photo via email…
… even just a “how are you doing?” is good enough.
Sometimes, one small gesture is all it takes!
Speaking of reaching out, let’s talk about business acronyms. Now, these are often used to avoid the repetitive use of long and frequently used phrases when communicating with work colleagues, for example ‘WFH’ (Working from Home) or ‘OOO’ (Out of the Office).
However, with lots of working parents now juggling home-schooling and childcare with their KPIs, we’ve put together a Friday fun day remote recruiting twist on our top five most-used acronyms…
- ‘ROI’, usually ‘Return on Investment’, can now mean ‘Running out of Ideas’ to keep the children entertained!
- ‘OOO’, commonly used over email to communicate that someone is ‘Out of the Office’, can be used to communicate that the kids are ‘Out of Oreos’
- ‘ETA’ no longer means ‘Estimated Time of Arrival’. Instead this can be used to signify the ‘Estimated Time of Argument’ before the kids start to play up!
- ‘TTH’, instead of ‘Time to Hire’, now means time to ‘Time to Hangout… once the washing is done!’
- ‘SaaS’ translates to’ Sandwich as a Snack’… because we’re not just hungry for placements!
Finally, on a more serious note, as recruitment companies across the world adjust to the ‘new abnormal’, it’s perfectly normal to feel anxious, especially during these challenging and ambiguous times. But being able to move forward despite those unpleasant feelings is key to succeeding; don’t let indecisive behaviours become the new normal. The execution of a plan is preferred over doing nothing… oh and if ‘Plan A’ should fail, always remember there’s 25 more letters in the alphabet!
Stay safe, stay global, and be careful when cutting your children’s hair!
Rachael, Michel & Team MG.